Banquet Chef de Partie
Join the Heritage Park Team
posted 12 september 2023 / closing date 26 september 2023 / regular full-time
What We Offer
- Flexible work arrangements;
- Comprehensive Benefits package includes Extended Health Care, Dental Benefits, Basic Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, and Employee and Family Assistant Program (EFAP);
- Employer-matched Pension Plan at 5%;
- Generous paid time off, including Vacation days, Sick Time;
- Working in a beautiful park setting;
- Free entrance to the Park, including to our many public special events;
- Employee discounts on food and retail items and free parking.
Who We Are
Heritage Park is Canada’s largest living history museum and offers visitors a chance to experience life in Western Canada from the 1860s to the early 1950s. The park features historical buildings, costumed interpreters, working antiques, and various exhibits that provide insight into the region’s past. Please visit our website for the details.
Under the direction of the Executive Chef, Banquet Chef and Executive Sous Chef, the Banquet Chef de Partie plans, organizes, conducts and controls the preparation and cooking of food for banquets and private events.
- Ensures that the quality of food prepared meets with the standard set by the Executive Chef and is prepared in a timely manner;
- Assists in directing cooks, preparation personnel and stewards supporting the proper execution of banquets and private events;
- Follows Heritage Park’s code of conduct and maintains respectful working relationships with colleagues, supervisors, subordinates and members of other departments;
- Works with front of house staff to ensure high standard of customer service and to address any culinary related questions, concerns and accommodations;
- Ensures that all equipment is in good working order and that it and all work surfaces are maintained in a clean, sanitary, and organized manner at all times;
- Ensures that all Heritage Park policies and procedures and AHS guidelines relevant to safe food handling are strictly adhered to;
- Assists other sections in the Kitchen / Culinary Services department as needed;
- Actively participates in all relevant staff meetings as scheduled by the Executive Chef or Banquet Manager;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of High School plus the possession of a Journeyman Certificate or Alberta Red Seal;
- Possession of a Valid class 5 driver’s license is required;
- At least four years of varied commercial cooking experience;
- Must be able to establish a plan to accomplish objectives;
- Must have good communication skills;
- Must be able and willing to perform a variety of physical tasks;
- The abilities to co-ordinate, organize, instruct, assign work, appraise performance and establish standards are also a requirement;
- All successful candidates will be required to go through Police Information Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening if working with minors) as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
Application→Phone Screening→Interview→Offer → Background Check→Orientation
Heritage Park is strongly committed to fostering diversity and inclusion within our community. We welcome applications from qualified candidates who would contribute to the further diversification of our employees. Please contact us at email@example.com for accessibility-related inquiries.
Job Application Form