Banquet Lead Hand
Join the Heritage Park Team
Posted January 17, 2023
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures the proper amount of banquet supplies, including tablecloths, dishes, cutlery, glassware and paper supplies are at the proper location for each function;
- Assists with maintaining the cleanliness of all banquet facilities and storage areas;
- Assists with the transferring of products and supplies from venue to venue as necessary;
- Assists with set-ups as required;
- Assists with product ordering and staff and volunteer scheduling as assigned;
- Provides leadership and support to Banquet and Kitchen staff before, during and at the end of functions;.
- Supervises and gives direction to Banquet Staff to ensure policies and standards are adhered to;
- Ensures dirty linen is taken back to Gasoline Alley where appropriate;
- Willing to accept shifts as a Liaison or Bartender as necessary;
- Provides exceptional internal and external customer service;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of Grade 12 and a minimum age of 18 years is required;
- Post secondary training in a hospitality area is an asset;
- Possession of a valid Class 5 drivers license is necessary.
- Previous experience in food services is necessary; previous experience at Heritage Park would be an asset.
- Good organizational skills and a pleasant personality are necessary;
- Fluency in English is essential.
Special Clothing and Equipment
- This is a costumed position with costume(s) to be provided by Heritage Park;
- Individuals are required to provide their own shoes, to be approved by the Costume Department at Heritage Park;
- On occasions when a costume is not worn, individuals must dress both professionally and suited to the tasks they will be performing in a variety of weather conditions.
Special Working Conditions
- Must on occasion work outdoors and also at tent functions.;
- Must be prepared to walk into the Park to job site during the operating season;
- Some heavy lifting is also required.
Hours of Work
- Shift work, mainly evenings, on an on call basis;
- Hours may vary from 0 to 44 hours per week;
- Heritage Park’s busy time for Banquets is during the summer months and November and December.
How to Apply
Please complete the form below or send your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Job Application Form