Banquet Server and Bartender
Join the Heritage Park Team
posted 14 september 2023 / closing date 21 september 2023 / seasonal part-time
What We Offer
- Flexible work arrangements where no one day is similar;
- Working in a beautiful park setting;
- Free entrance to the Park, including to our many public special events;
- Employee discounts on food and retail items and free parking.
Who We Are
Heritage Park is Canada’s largest living history museum and offers visitors a chance to experience life in Western Canada from the 1860s to the early 1950s. The park features historical buildings, costumed interpreters, working antiques, and various exhibits that provide insight into the region’s past. Please visit our website for the details.
Under the direction of the Banquet Supervisor or designate, the Banquet Server or Bartender is responsible for bartending and/or food and beverage service duties at various functions in different areas of Heritage Park.
Responsibilities – Server
- Sets, clears and waits on tables. Polishes silverware, makes coffee and other beverages as required;
- Performs housekeeping tasks appropriate to the work site(s), notes and reports any property damage or unsafe working conditions.
- Provides service and information to guests knowledgeably and courteously.;
- Other duties as required.
Responsibilities – Bartender
- Takes inventory of and reconciles bar stock or corkage bar stock;
- Informs the proper persons of supplies necessary for restocking, in writing, on the Bar Report;
- Keeps the front bar clear and clean;
- Checks glassware for cleanliness before use;
- Leaves the area in a clean condition and removes all dirty glassware to the kitchen;
- Refrigerates juices and notes any breakage or spillage which has occurred;
- Provides service and information to guests in a friendly and courteous manner;
- Assists banquet staff in all guest areas before and after the function;
- Administers the beverage bar according to A.L.C.B. laws relative to Heritage Park’s operating policies and procedures;
- Responsible for refusing to service intoxicated persons;
- Responsible for contacting Security in the event of a person becomes belligerent;
- Responsible for discrepancies in opening and closing inventory;
- Performs other duties as required.
- Completion of Grade 10 and a minimum age of 18 years required;
- Must hold a valid Alberta ProServe licence;
- Technical training in a recognized bartending course is an asset;
- Previous experience as a Server/Bartender is an asset;
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills are essential;
- Strong customer service focus;
- Accurate and accountable;
- Tact and good verbal communication skills in English are required.
Special Clothing and Equipment
- Employees are required to supply black dress pants and Heritage Park will supply the balance of the required clothing items;
- Footwear, as designated by the Heritage Park Costume Department, will be provided by the employee;
- Bartenders and Servers must always be presentable (i.e., clean-shaven, groomed nails, etc.);
- Bartender must be in full costume one hour before bar function time, as scheduled.
Special Working Conditions
- The position(s) require lifting supplies and/or trays up to 25 pounds throughout the shift;
- The nature of the work means exposure to inclement weather, and employees must be prepared to walk into the Park to their job sites when the Park Village is open for operation.
Hours will vary from week to week depending on the business level, typically from 0 to 40 hours per week. Extended hours may be required when business levels are extremely busy.
How to Apply
Application→Phone Screening→Interview→Offer → Background Check→Orientation
Heritage Park is strongly committed to fostering diversity and inclusion within our community. We welcome applications from qualified candidates who would contribute to the further diversification of our employees. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for accessibility-related inquiries.
Job Application Form