Camp Lead Hand
Join the Heritage Park Team
Posted January 17, 2023
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works as part of the Education team to modify and adapt activities to ensure successful participation by all campers;
- Creates, prepares, and provides alternative activities for small groups as necessary;
- Helps prepare and care for program materials and artifacts;
- Develops positive relationships among the various participants of the day and overnight camps with an emphasis on the few children requiring additional support;
- Supports children with disabilities and creates opportunities for them to be actively involved in the camp activities;
- Maintains regular and contact with parents and guardians of participants with disabilities;
- Leads in the training, orientation, mentoring, and volunteers assisting with camp in regard to special needs;
- Conducts clerical work such as phoning parents, filling out forms, etc as needed;
- Completes the required Recreation Inclusion Facilitator training;
- Creates an End of Season Report;
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Some post secondary education in related areas (Western Canadian History, Education, etc);
- Experience in a camp or teaching environment; prior experience working with children with disabilities is considered an asset;
- At least 18 years of age and satisfactory confirmation of a clear Police Information Check;
- Standard First Aid and CPR certification required.
- Must be enthusiastic and enjoy working in a camp setting;
- Demonstrate responsible leadership and the ability to approach tasks independently;
- Strong organizational and communication skills;
- Adaptability and flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Mature judgement and respect towards others.
Special Clothing and Equipment
- This position will be required to wear appropriate costuming provided by Heritage Park.
Special Working Conditions
- This position may be required to stand or walk for long periods of time.
Hours of Work
- 5 days per week, typically Monday- Friday
- Hours will vary depending on camp schedules; evening and weekend work may be required
How to Apply
Please fill out the form below or send your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Job Application Form