Catered Events Sales Specialist
The Catered Events Sales Specialist is responsible for driving sales inquiries that ultimately lead to booked events.
Join the Heritage Park Team
Posted February 9, 2023|Permanent, Full Time
The Catered Events Sales Specialist is responsible for driving sales inquiries that ultimately lead to booked events. This will be accomplished through researching new potential clients and forging relationships with them, as well as maintaining those with existing clients. The Sales Specialist promotes and secures business through diverse sales techniques, including social media marketing platforms. This position will not be responsible for executing events and will hand off coordination duties to the team of Event Planners. This individual will have strong, professional communications skills – in person, on the phone, and via email. The ideal candidate is a motivated self starter who takes initiative, is creative and has a high attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and implement a marketing strategy for Catering utilizing a combination of sales techniques, including, not limited to social media marketing, sales calls, print media, and cold calling with the assistance of the Manager, Catered Events. Makes recommendations based on market trends;
- Works with the Manager, Catered Events and the Marketing department to maximize Heritage Park’s online exposure in key markets;
- Develops relationships within the industry and local community to expand and strengthen client base for both corporate, weddings & social event sales;
- Actively upsells the Park’s diverse business streams to maximize revenue opportunities;
- Understands the overall market – competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic and digital trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them;
- Works with other departments to promote sales and funding initiatives where appropriate;
- With the assistance of the Manager, Catered Events, sets monthly targets and objectives for business levels to help achieve revenue goals by increasing flow of clients and exposure to our offerings;
- Understands and accurately communicates Heritage Park guidelines and policies;
- Prepares correspondence with high degree of accuracy;
- Represents Heritage Park at special events and as a member of applicable associations to promote our catering business;
- Working with the Manager, Catered Events develops and implements tracking of incoming leads/prospects;
- Attends necessary meetings as needed;
- Arranges for and conducts select site tours of appropriate venues when required;
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or Hospitality;
- Established sales experience, in recruiting, maintaining and closing business;
- Proven organizational skills with a focus on detail orientation;
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills and professional communications presence;
- Confident, goal oriented self-starter that is comfortable in a highly collaborative work environment;
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong industry relationships and client contacts;
- Strong time management and ability to prioritize tasks;
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office Suite of applications;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to engage clients;
- 1-2 years of Marketing experience in social media platforms including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite of applications, including Publisher;
- Without specific direction, must plan work and accomplish assigned objectives;
- Position demands attention to detail, highly developed interpersonal and superior organizational skills;
- Must be confident in negotiation techniques, problem solving, trained in sales, customer service and communication;
- Work well independently and also as part of a team. Must have a class 5 drivers’ licensce.
Special Clothing and Equipment
- Business Dress is appropriate;
- As walking is required, comfortable footwear is recommended.
Special Working Conditions
- All venues at Heritage Park are separate from one another and have seasonal variations in their use. Therefore, historical and operational knowledge of the Park and all facilities is an asset.
Hours of Work:
- Approximately 35 hours per week;
- Some evening and weekend work may be required.
How to Apply
Please fill out the form below or send your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Job Application Form