The Costume Coordinator is the face of the Costume Department to the frontline team.
Join the Heritage Park Team
Posted March 3, 2023 | Permanent, Full Time
Under the direction of the Costume Manager, the Costume Coordinator manages the inventory and distribution of all costume and uniform pieces worn by staff, volunteers, and camp participants. The Costume Coordinator is the face of the Costume Department to the frontline team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keep all aspects of the shop well organized;
- Manage all steps in costuming staff, volunteers, and camp participants: includes contact, sizing charts, fittings, paperwork;
- Ensure shop has adequate costume items on hand to meet the needs of Park operations;
- Inventory of shop, bar coding new constructed and purchased items;
- Prepare and inventory camp costumes for distribution to various venues;
- Document incoming costumes at the end of season, sort and organize for next season;
- Organize and fit costumes for Halloween and Christmas;
- Respond to all walk-in requests;
- Clean and repair hats;
- Cuts and marks fabric in preparation for garment production;
- Ensure all staff and volunteers have proper supplies, forms, and information;
- Various other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Post Secondary training in clothing or costume construction would be an asset;
- Comparable experience will be considered.
- Experience working with volunteers would be an asset;
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Hours of Work
- 35 hours per week;
- Weekend and extra hours may be required during peak periods.
- The job may require some lifting, climbing safety ladders, working with industrial sewing machines and steam irons;
- Will be required to work alone and with others;
- Safety equipment and a costume may be issued; these must be worn when appropriate to the task being performed.
How to Apply
Please fill out the form below or send your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Job Application Form