Deck Hand (Full-Time, Seasonal)
Join the Heritage Park Team
Posted January 17, 2023 | Seasonal, Full Time
Heritage Park has an opening for Deck Hand. Under the direction of the Ship Captain, assists in the operation of the S.S. Moyie, maintains it in a clean fashion, and provides information and assistance to visitors as required.
This is a seasonal full-time position running from May 2023 to September 2023.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists passengers in boarding and debarking the ship
- Assists in launching and mooring the ship as required.
- Maintains the dock and ship in neat and clean condition by mopping the deck, cleaning the washrooms, washing windows, dusting surfaces, and picking up litter.
- Greets visitors and provides Customer service and information to passengers in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in dealing with the public and familiarity with cleaning tasks are an asset.
- Good verbal communication skills and tact in dealing with the public are necessary. The abilities to spot potential problems and deal with them effectively are also important.
Customer Service Standards/Expectations:
- As an employee of Heritage Park please keep our service mission in mind
- Be friendly and courteous to Heritage Park’s guests, staff and volunteers:
- Greet with Good Morning or Good Afternoon
- Acknowledge every guest entering or leaving your area and anytime on Park grounds
- Make eye contact with guests
- Handle questions and awkward situations with a positive attitude
- Be familiar with Park facilities, services, events.
- Take pride in the Park. Keep it clean, safe & tidy.
- Be punctual for shifts and break.
- Treat others as you would like to be treated.
- Have fun and it will show.
Safety and Security Standards/Expectations:
- Be familiar with:
- Accident injury reporting.
- Incident and near miss reporting
- Location of fire extinguishers and first aid kits.
- Notify your supervisor of hazards and potential hazards.
- Work safely at all times.
Special Clothing and Equipment:
- Costumes, and a name tag, will be supplied by Heritage Park as required. Washing and maintaining Costumes in a presentable fashion will be the employees’ responsibility. Individuals will be required to supply their own appropriate footwear, to be approved by the Costume Designer during Park open season periods. Safety equipment as required will be supplied by Heritage Park and maintained by the employee.
Special Working Conditions:
- The employee must be prepared to work in a variety of weather conditions. Walking, standing, and other strenuous duties are required in order to complete the work assigned.
Hours of Work:
- Various scheduled hours of work including possible weekends, statutory holidays, fluctuating hours and overtime as required.
How to Apply
Please fill out the form below or send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Job Application Form