Join the Heritage Park Team
Posted January 17, 2023
Duties and Responsibilities
- Presenting specified programs to student groups as arranged by the Education Coordinator;
- Portraying history in an engaging and participatory manner, making it “alive” and vital within the context of the present;
- Fulfilling defined learning objectives for each program;
- Adapting program delivery to meet the needs of the audience as required;
- Greeting school groups and opening and closing appropriate site(s) with necessary set-up and clean-up;
- Ensure the proper care and handling of artifacts and other objects associated with the facility;
- Supervise program participants while maintaining a positive and safe environment
- Maintain positive interaction and communication with staff, school staff, parents and community representatives;
- Assist in development and testing of new programs;
- Assist with program evaluation;
- Other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years of post secondary education or equivalent experience;
- Experience in teaching and supervising children in a classroom or similar setting;
- Certification in First Aid and asset;
- Completion of a police check is required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, customer service experience an asset;
- Interest in history of Western Canada;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
Special Clothing and Equipment
- Heritage Park will provide appropriate costuming;
- Footwear, as designated by the Costume Department , will be provided by the employee.
Hours of Work
- 0 to 30 hours per week
How to Apply
Please fill out the form below or send your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Job Application Form