Fund Development Associate
Provide and implement the annual giving strategy for Heritage Park
Join the Heritage Park Team
Posted October 4, 2022
Heritage Park is seeking an experienced Fund Development Associate to join our Fund Development team. Under the direction of the Chief Development Officer and working closely with the Fund Development Manager, the Fund Development Associate provides and implements the annual giving strategy for Heritage Park. This is a full-time, year round position with an excellent benefits and pension plan package. Leave the modern day behind and become a member of the Heritage Park team where we offer a professional and fun work environment, on-the-job training, staff discount on food and retail, free Park admission, complimentary staff parking and the opportunity to be a part of one of Calgary’s top attractions in the most unique, exceptional setting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Annual donor programs to increase total revenue and grow pipeline of support;
- Implements strategy for the Heritage Club and other fundraising membership programs; direct mail and monthly donor program;
- Works closely with the Marketing team to implement communication strategies to support fundraising programs;
- Provides support during meetings with potential donors and in the preparation of and follow-through on proposals, meetings and correspondence with donors;
- Holds strategy for on the Park sponsorship of assets, such as buildings and other sponsorable assets; as well as events, such as Christmas in Alberta, Carnivale, etc.;
- Coordinates volunteers who help with fund development support;
- Updates donor profiles in Raiser’s Edge NXT in accordance with department’s guidelines for database use;
- Supports the Fund Development Manager to identify, write and/or report on grant proposals and to identify and qualify major leads to progress into major donor program;
- Implements an effective stewardship plan to ensure relationship building with donors;
- Willing to work toward personal fund development target and other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education with an emphasis in business, communications or administration preferred, and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in fundraising is required, including coordinating fundraising events, donor appreciation activities, sponsor fulfilment and working directly with donors (or an equivalent combination of education and experience);
- Must have worked in a fund development team environment;
- Demonstrated advancement in a fund development focused career;
- Ability to manage budgets, support annual planning, and inspire support from peers and team members;
- Experience working with Raisers Edge, prospecting software, and other fund development tools;
- Continuous learning and membership in professional association.
- Proven fund development and annual giving experience;
- Ability to achieve fundraising targets and an ability to show creativity;
- Experience creating and implementing strategies using diverse fundraising programs;
- Must possess exceptional public relations, interpersonal and communications (written and verbal) skills;
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize and remain organized when you have multiple tasks and responsibilities;
- Experience working with volunteers, motivating them to support department efforts;
- Strong administrative and computer skills are required, including experience with MS Office software;
- Interest and experience in working with diverse groups of people;
- Teachable, willing to bring forward ideas and apply learnings into daily work;
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to generate results while working independently; accuracy, attention to detail and respect for confidentiality are essential;
- A valid driver’s license is mandatory.
Special Clothing and Working Conditions
- This position must be prepared to meet with donors at any time; professional business attire is therefore required;
- May be required to wear a costume (as provided by the costume department) during certain fundraising events;
- 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday;
- Early morning, evening and weekend work is required throughout the year.
How to Apply
Please fill out the form below or send your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Job Application Form