Grounds Maintenance Worker (FT, Perm)
Join the Heritage Park Team
Posted Nov. 2, 2022
Heritage Park is looking for Grounds Maintenance Workers to join our team. Under the direction of the Grounds Maintenance Supervisor this position will be responsible for assisting in the maintenance of the grounds of Heritage Park.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains the grounds (grass areas, roads, parking lots and walk-ways) of Heritage Park;
- Clears snow from roads and walkways, with shovels and powered equipment;
- Prepares and delivers firewood to interpretive sites;
- Prepares grounds and facilities for special events, catered evens, and outside contractors and sets up and dismantles Park tents;
- Uses and maintains machinery and equipment in a safe condition;
- Provides service as required to Grounds Maintenance while assisting with the needs and requirements of other departments as necessary;
- Supervision of seasonal employees
- Completion of High School and previous job-related experience, as well as working knowledge of a variety of powered equipment and hand tools;
- Must be organized and punctual, have the ability to work with little or no supervision and flexibility to adjust to different tasks;
- Must have valid Class 5 Driver’s license; forklift and bobcat experience would be an asset;
- Must be willing to perform a wide variety of tasks with varying physical requirements and must be prepared to work in all weather conditions
Special Clothing and Equipment
- Costumes will be supplied by Heritage Park as required;
- Individuals will be required to supply their own appropriate footwear, to be approved by the Costume Department Supervisor during Park open season;
- Off season coveralls will be supplied and appropriate safety footwear will be the employee’s responsibility.
Special Working Conditions
Physical requirements are numerous and varied including, lifting 25kg, climbing ladders, and being on your feet for long periods of time. As a portion of this position takes place outside, exposure to varied weather conditions is envisaged. This position requires a person in good physical condition.
Hours of Work
40 hours per week. Various scheduled hours of work including possible weekends, statutory holidays, fluctuating hours and overtime as required. (Holidays will be scheduled around Heritage Park peak periods.)
How to Apply
Candidates meeting the above criteria who wish to apply for this exciting opportunity should email their cover letter and resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the application form below.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted directly. No phone calls, please.
Job Application Form