Grounds Maintenance Worker
Join the Heritage Park Team
Posted January 26, 2023
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keeps grass cut and trimmed using a variety of powered equipment and hand tools, including weed eaters, ride-on and push mowers and hedge trimmers;
- Water and fertilizes all grass inside and outside Park gates;
- Handles weed control throughout grass, roadways and parking lots;
- Maintains machinery and equipment in a clean and safe condition;
- Maintains all wooded areas, roads, pathways, and parking lots by trimming, cleaning and removing garbage;
- Prepares grounds and facilities for special events, catered events and outside contractors;
- Sets up and dismantles Park tents;
- With the use of chainsaw, buzz saw, log splitter and hand tools, cuts and delivers firewood throughout the Park;
- Picks up and disposes of garbage and litter throughout the Park and parking lots;
- Changes message signs at 14 Street and Front Gate;
- Provides service as required to mechanical maintenance while assisting with the needs and requirements of other departments as necessary;
- Acts as support service to all departments throughout the Park;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of High School is necessary.
- Previous job related experience and knowledge of the operation of relevant machinery is preferred.
- Applicants must have a working knowledge of a variety of powered equipment and hand tools;
- Basic carpentry skills are also required;
- Must be organized and punctual, have the ability to work with little supervisory and flexibility to adjust to different tasks;
- Since there are competing demands for the grounds maintenance department, individuals should be effective at handling pressure and managing stress;
- Fluency in English is essential;
- Class 5 Driver’s license is an asset.
Special Clothing and Equipment
- Costumes will be supplied by Heritage Park as required;
- Washing and maintaining Costumes in a presentable fashion will be the employees’ responsibility;
- Individuals will be required to supply their own appropriate footwear, to be approved by the Costume Department Supervisor during Park open season periods;
- Safety equipment as required will be supplied by Heritage Park and maintained by the employee.
Special Working Conditions
- The employee must be prepared to work in a variety of weather conditions;
- A considerable amount of walking, lifting and other strenuous duties are required in order to complete the work assigned;
- This position requires a person in good physical condition.
Hours of Work
- Various scheduled hours of work including possible weekends, statutory holidays, fluctuating hours and overtime as required.
How to Apply
Please fill out the form below or send your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Job Application Form