Midway Ride Operator
Join the Heritage Park Team
Posted January 18, 2023
Duties and Responsibilities
- Opens and closes designated rides in accordance with standardized procedures;
- Operates designated rides in accordance with standardized procedures and reports any safety hazards or malfunctions to the Midway Leadhand;
- Provides Customer Service and information to visitors as necessary in a courteous and friendly manner;
- Operates the ride in a fashion that is both safe and enjoyable for guests;
- Maintains the work site to ensure that it is clean and organized;
- Notes and reports any property damage;
- Other duties as assigned.
- No specific education requirements;
- Completion of High School is preferred.
- Previous experience with amusement ride operation is a definite asset.
- Good verbal communication skills, high mechanical aptitude, the ability to anticipate and spot safety problems, a quick reaction to emergency situations and the general knowledge of machinery operation would be an asset;
- Fluency in English is essential.
Special Clothing and Equipment
- Costumes will be supplied by Heritage Park as required;
- Washing and maintaining Costumes in a presentable fashion will be the employees’ responsibility;
- Individuals will be required to supply their own appropriate footwear (steel toed boots), to be approved by the Costume Department Supervisor during Park open season periods;
- Safety equipment as required will be supplied by Heritage Park and maintained by the employee.
Special Working Conditions
- The employee must be prepared to work in a variety of weather conditions;
- A considerable amount of walking, standing, and other strenuous duties are required to complete the work assigned;
- This position requires the person to be in good physical condition.
Hours of Work
- Various scheduled hours of work including weekends, statutory holidays, fluctuating hours and overtime as required.
How to Apply
Please fill out the form below or send your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Job Application Form