Project Manager, Facilities & Maintenance
Heritage Park is seeking a Project Manager to join the Facilities and Maintenance team.
Join the Heritage Park Team
Posted January 13, 2023 | Term, Full Time
Under the direction of the General Manager, Facilities and Maintenance, this position is responsible for coordinating construction, restoration and renovation of buildings, and project planning at Heritage Park to ensure that goals and objectives of the Department and Heritage Park are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages and oversees complete Projects as assigned;
- Coordinates construction and renovations of historical buildings and equipment;
- Reviews proposals and/or plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, historical authenticity procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project;
- Consults with management on the planning and control of budgets;
- Controls and monitors spending to complete projects within budget;
- Directs and coordinates activities of sub-contractors to ensure projects progress on schedule and within prescribed budget;
- Reviews status reports and modifies schedules or plans as required;
- Prepares project reports for management or others;
- Confers with staff to provide technical advice and to resolve problems;
- Coordinates with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies;
- Liaises with other Heritage Park departments in a courteous and professional manner;
- Ensures safe work practices are followed and safety legislation requirements are maintained;
- Provides customer service and information in a courteous and friendly manner;
- Obtains pricing from subcontractors, compares bids and advises on contract awards;
- Approved bills and measures;
- Directs/manages contractors onsite;
- Order, control materials and equipment as required;
- Performs other duties as required/assigned.
Education and Experience
- Relevant post- secondary education and approximately 6 to 8 years of related experience;
- Project Management certification is considered an asset;
- A valid driver’s license is mandatory.
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to set personal standards of performance while working within general policies and applicable legislation, set goals and objectives, and meet budget guidelines;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, and a high degree of professionalism and a well-defined sense of tactfulness and diplomacy;
- Must be able to instruct others, assign work, and appraise performance and methods accurately;
- Superior supervisory, leadership, project-management, and organizational skills are essential.
Special Clothing and Equipment
- Employee must provide approved safety footwear;
- Other safety equipment as required will be supplied by Heritage Park and maintained by the employee.
Special Working Conditions
- Physical requirements are numerous and varied including, but not limited to, working at a desk, lifting, climbing stairs/ladders, and standing and/or walking for extended periods of time;
- Overseeing of work requires walking throughout the park during the operating season;
- As a large portion of this position takes place outside, exposure to varied weather conditions is imminent, and the incumbent must be able, prepared and willing to work in a variety of weather conditions;
- This position requires good fitness level and stamina.
Hours of Work
- 35 hours per week;
- Hours of work may occasionally include weekends and statutory holidays.
How to Apply
Please fill out the form below or send your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Job Application Form