Railway Cafe Barista
Join the Heritage Park Team
posted 13 july 2023 / casual full time
Heritage Park is looking for an experienced Café Barista to join our team. In this position, you will provide exemplary service to guests of the Railway Cafe and will pride yourself in exceeding their dining expectations by contributing to a culinary experience of the utmost quality, consistency and imagination.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, mix and serve all non-alcoholic beverages according to restaurant recipes and guidelines;
- Works together with kitchen staff and other front of house staff to ensure efficient service and is knowledgeable of both food and beverage menus and special features;
- Ensure all surfaces and equipment are kept clean and in excellent condition;
- Ensure that management is kept informed of all product requirements for ordering;
- Restocking the drink bar and assisting with putting away all product orders;
- Completion of all industry-standard restaurant side duties as required;
- Ability to help with support roles such as greeting, food running, cleaning tables as needed.
Education and Experience
- Previous experience in a casual dining environment/cafe is an asset;
- ProServe certification is good to have.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills, together with a strong customer service orientation;
- A high level of tact and sensitivity when dealing with costumers;
- Good verbal communication skills;
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
Special Clothing and Equipment
Costume(s) to be provided by Heritage Park. Appropriate footwear as designated by the Costume Room of Heritage Park will be provided by the employee.
Special Working Conditions
The position entails a lot of walking. Exposure to all types of weather should be expected.
Hours of Work
- Casual full time position, 40 hours a week;
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts, including daytime, evenings, weekdays, weekends, and holidays is required.
How to Apply
Please fill out the form below or send your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Heritage Park is an equal opportunity employer. We invite applications from all qualified individuals. We value diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive culture where every employee feels valued and safe.
Job Application Form