Security Guard (Overnight, Part-Time)
This is an overnight part-time position (Saturday & Sunday), 10 pm to 6 am
Join the Heritage Park Team
Posted September 16, 2022
Heritage Park is looking for highly motivated and experienced individuals to support our busy Security Team. Under the day-to-day direction of the Security Coordinator, Security Guards provide front-line customer service in a courteous, professional and friendly manner to both internal and external clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures conduct is at all times in compliance with the Security Services and Investigators Act and Regulation of Alberta;
- Provides information and assistance to visitors, media, and staff as required, e.g. provides directions, radios for bus transportation, call taxis, etc.;
- Issues keys and radios to authorized staff members;
- Familiarizes themselves with any outstanding issues from previous shifts as well as all scheduled functions and events that will be occurring during the shift (banquets, contractors, special events, etc);
- Controls staff, contractors, visitors, and media access through the Security gates;
- Escorts designated employees with cash to and from their work destinations, and issues and receives cash boxes and floats when the Treasury Office is closed;
- Monitors CCTV, patrols Park property, and accurately records relevant information on the daily security & incident reports as needed;
- During patrols, secures any unlocked buildings/exhibits, turns off lights, and identifies and responds to safety and fire hazards, mechanical failures, damage, or vandalism;
- Monitors the access control, Fire Alarm, and other security system;
- Responds to alarms, security concerns, and emergency situations as required;
- Acts as the first responder to calls for first aid with the assistance of other staff members if required;
- Maintains first aid supplies and restocks first aid kits;
- Provides parking and crowd control as required and sets up necessary barricades and signage;
- Inspects and maintains the Security vehicles and ensures the vehicle log has been completed each shift;
- Clears snow from designated areas and performs other duties as assigned.
- Completion of High School and previous job-related experience;
- Valid Alberta Security Services License;
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License with a clean abstract;
- Valid AGLC ProServe and ProTect certifications;
- Valid First Aid Certificate (Standard Level C with AED);
- Ability to operate independently;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills;
- Ability to perform the administrative functions of the Security office, including intermediate computer skills.
Working Conditions and Hours of Work
- This is an overnight weekend position with a guaranteed 16 work hours;
- This position will require the incumbents to engage in physical activities, such as standing or walking for prolonged periods of time;
- Much of the work takes place outdoors with exposure to a variety of weather conditions.
How to Apply
Please fill out the form below or send your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Job Application Form