Senior Train Conductor
Join the Heritage Park Team
Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes work schedules, and organizes Conductors to meet Heritage Park’s needs.
- Greets passengers and takes their tickets.
- Assists passengers when boarding and departing the train.
- Signals to the engineer when the train is ready to leave the stations.
- Ensures that train schedules are adhered to.
- Controls passenger behaviour as required including excessive noise, hanging out windows, etc.
- Engages passengers in conversations; shares relevant historical information during their trip.
- Informs guests of daily events; promotes events occurring in the Park.
- Announces approaching station stops to passengers.
- Provides Customer Service and information to guests as necessary in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Completion of High School is preferred.
Approximately two years of previous job related experience is necessary. Previous experience at Heritage Park would be an asset.
Must be neat and alert. As this position involves a great deal of contact with the public, tact and good verbal communication skills are necessary. Fluency in English is essential.
Special Clothing and Equipment
Costumes will be supplied by Heritage Park as required. Washing and maintaining Costumes in a presentable fashion is the employees’ responsibility. Individuals will be required to supply their own appropriate footwear, to be approved by the Costume Department Supervisor during Park open season periods. Safety equipment, as required, will be supplied by Heritage Park and maintained by the employee.
Special Working Conditions
The employee must be prepared to work in a variety of weather conditions. A considerable amount of walking, standing, and other strenuous duties are required in order to complete the work assigned. This position requires a person in good physical condition.
Hours of Work
Various scheduled hours of work including possible weekends, statutory holidays, fluctuating hours and overtime as required.
How to Apply
Send by email to email@example.com or fill out the job application form below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Job Application Form