Join the Heritage Park Team
Posted January 24, 2023
Duties and Responsibilities
- Checks the track for obstructions and the train for the dragging of loose objects;
- Makes certain the tracks are clear of people;
- Corrects any problems immediately in an appropriate manner;
- Maintains the water level in the locomotive boiler, and the fire in the fire box;
- Interprets signals and relays messages to the Engineer;
- May operate the engine if required;
- Provides Customer Service and information to visitors as necessary in a courteous and friendly manner;
- Notes and reports any property damage or unsafe working conditions;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of High School plus post secondary training in a relevant job related area;
- Firefighter or temporary firefighter certificate is required.
- Previous experience working with steam locomotives, and a thorough knowledge of their operation would be an asset;
- At least one season with Heritage Park would be an asset.
- The ability to detect problems and solve them quickly and efficiently is necessary.;
- Applicants must have the aptitude to learn quickly and communicate effectively;
- Fluency in English is essential;
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Special Clothing and Equipment
- Costumes will be supplied by Heritage Park as required;
- Washing and maintaining Costumes in a presentable fashion will be the employees’ responsibility;
- Individuals will be required to supply their own appropriate footwear, to be approved by the Costume Department Supervisor during Park open season periods;
- Safety equipment as required will be supplied by Heritage Park and maintained by the employee.
Special Working Conditions
- The employee must be prepared to work in a variety of weather conditions;
- A considerable amount of walking, standing, lifting and other strenuous duties are required in order to complete the work assigned;
- This position requires a person in good physical condition.
Hours of Work
- Various scheduled hours of work including possible weekends, statutory holidays, fluctuating hours and overtime as required.
How to Apply
Please fill out the form below or send your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Job Application Form