Village Sous Chef
Join the Heritage Park Team
Posted January 18, 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with direct reports to Village Chef, creates and writes all menus related to the Village culinary operation;
- Ensures established food and culinary labour costs are maintained;
- As outlined by standardized recipes and procedures, prepares food for the daily menus in the Village outlets;
- Ensures that the quality of food prepared meets with the standard set by the Executive Chef and is prepared in a timely manner;
- Oversees the direction and training of causal and seasonal Village culinary team members;
- Follows Heritage Park’s code of conduct and maintains respectful working relationships with colleagues, supervisors, subordinates and members of other departments;
- Works with front of house staff to ensure high standard of customer service and to address any culinary related questions, concerns and accommodations;
- Ensures that all equipment is in good working order and that it and all work surfaces are maintained in a clean, sanitary, and organized manner at all times;
- Ensures that all Heritage Park policies and procedures and AHS guidelines relevant to safe food handling are strictly adhered to;
- Assists other sections in the Kitchen / Culinary Services department as needed;
- Actively participates in all relevant staff meetings as scheduled by the Executive Chef or Dining Services Manager;
- Oversees product and supply ordering to Village outlets and conducts accurate and thorough monthly inventories;
- Other duties as assigned.
Completion of High School plus the possession of a Journeyman Certificate or Alberta Red Seal. Possession of a valid class 5 driver’s license is required.
At least four years of varied commercial cooking experience.
- Must be able to establish a plan to accomplish objectives.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must be able and willing to perform a variety of physical tasks.
- The abilities to co-ordinate, organize, instruct, assign work, appraise performance and establish standards are also a requirement.
- Basic computer skills are an asset.
Special Clothing and Equipment:
Heritage Park provided white uniforms. Personal tools and appropriate footwear to be supplied by the individual.
Special Working Conditions:
Potential exposure to hot and cold temperatures; long periods of standing.
Hours of Work:
Shift work, 40 hours per week.
How to Apply
Please fill out the form below or send your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Job Application Form