We're making it easy for people to get around Heritage Park!
Accessibility at Heritage Park
We recognize that the Village in Heritage Park is set between 1860-1920 which may present difficulties for those with physical disabilities or those who may have mobility challenges. We are continuously making improvements to the Village in the aim of making all of our exhibits more accessible to our guests.
We’ve made the following improvements for 2023:
- Introduction of the Nightingale Accessible railcar;
- Pathway improvements along Prospect Ridge;
- Improved directional signage making it easier getting around the Park to see what is next;
- Bus transportation from the Village and parking lot;
- Streetcar from further back parking lots to the gate.
Guide Dogs and Service Dogs
- Service dogs must have specific permits and certification under legislation.
- The dog must be certified under these criteria and the owner must be able to supply the documentation or permit for the animal to be allowed access to the Park’s facilities.
- Comfort or emotional support animals are not covered under this policy.
Fee Assistance Program
The City of Calgary offers low-income Calgary residents an opportunity to access Calgary recreation and attraction facilities at a reduced rate. Heritage Park offers 75% off regular admission to individuals who are registered with the city.
*Recreation’s Fee Assistance cards with a valid sticker & picture ID must be presented at the Front Admissions desk for entry.
Fee Assistance Admission Rates
Historical Village – Weekends from Sept. 11 – Oct. 9, 2023
Youth (3-15): $5.75
General (16+): $8.75
Gasoline Alley Museum – Weekdays from Sept. 5 – Oct. 6, 2023
Youth (3-15): $2.25
General (16+): $3.75
Contact Heritage Park’s Guest Services team by calling 403.268.8500 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You can visit the City of Calgary’s website for more information about the Fee Assistance Program.
*Conditions may apply. The Fee Assistance program does not apply to Annual Memberships or ticketed events.
As a partner destination of Canoo, Heritage Park offers free admission to the Historical Village and Gasoline Alley Museum to Canoo members, who are new Canadian citizens.
Please note that Canoo tickets are not valid during special and signature events.