Health and Safety
Health, Safety and Heritage Park Rules
We ask that you respect these guidelines so everyone can have a good time:
- Walk rather than run…take your time to enjoy the Park
- Keep noise levels respectable
- Remain fully clothed (ex. shirt, bottoms and footwear)
- Don’t use profanity; this is a family-friendly space
- Smoking (including e-cigarettes) is only allowed in designated areas
- Consumption of cannabis products is not allowed anywhere in the Park
- Keep the following items at home: Fidget spinners, balls, Frisbees, balloons, bicycles, tricycles, rollerblades/skates, heelies, skateboards, drugs and alcohol, hacky sacks, scooters, noisemakers and musical instruments
- Pets (with the exception of licensed service animals) are not allowed at Heritage Park. Do not leave pets unattended in your vehicle. Leave them at home or with a proper caregiver.
- All children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a responsible adult while visiting Heritage Park.
Animal and Ride Safety
With respect to all on-Park activity, please take direction from all interpreters on site and obey all Park signage when it comes to Animals at Heritage Park and rides at the Midway.
- Never walk in front of or behind a stopped train, it can move suddenly at any time.
- Never put objects on the train tracks, they can fly off and hurt someone, maybe you.
- Never cross in front of a moving train until it has come to a complete stop.
- Never walk or climb between parked or moving railway cars. You can get seriously hurt.
- Never cross in front of a train or locomotive that is ringing it’s bell. This is a warning signal that the train is about to move.
- Always use the designated level crossing to cross train tracks.
- Always obey the signs and signals near railway crossings, flashing lights and bells mean the train is coming, so be safe and stay away.
- Always stop, look, and listen before you cross a train track, just to make sure it is safe.
- Always be aware that anytime is train time.
Please make every effort to contact a train crew member if you are unsure about actions around the train. If you can’t see us, we can’t see you. When in doubt, the safest course must be taken.
To report a lost child, call Security at 403.268.8500. If possible, stay where you are and Security will come to you. Our Security office is located in the Haskayne Mercantile Block building, through the green double doors, directly beneath the clock tower.
Lost and Found
If you have lost an item at the Park, contact Security by calling 403.268.8500. Leave your name, contact number and information about the item. Any found items are to be left at Guest Services and may take time to be retrieved before being available at Lost and Found.
Photo/Video Image Use Policy
The commercial use of photographs and video you take during your visit is strictly prohibited. Written consent of an authorized representative from Heritage Park is required.