News & Stories
Check out our newest blogs and news releases! Scroll down to the bottom of the page for media contact information.
News & Stories Archive Filters
Heritage Park Historical Village tells the significant and vital story of the settlement of Western Canada and how the unique western landscape formed the cultural foundation of who Western Canadians are today. Situated on 65 acres of rolling landscape, Heritage Park Historical Village is nestled on the banks of the Glenmore Reservoir with a breathtaking view of the majestic Rocky Mountains.
Key Facts About Heritage Park
- The Park offers guests an authentic, historical experience from four key time periods:
- 1860s Hudson’s Bay Company Fur Trading Fort, First Nations Encampment and Catholic Mission;
- 1880s Pre-Railway Settlement: saloon, general store, homes, and businesses;
- 1910 Historical Village: working shops, homes, restaurants, businesses, antique midway, horse-drawn wagon rides, and train rides;
- 1930s Heritage Town Square: shops, café, restaurant and Gasoline Alley Museum (Open year-round).
- Heritage Park is located just 15 minutes away from downtown Calgary;
- Heritage Park is easily accessible by car or public transportation;
- Heritage Park is open year-round, with two operating seasons: summer and winter;
- Heritage Park is a registered charity.
Media Contact Information
Strategic Communications Manager
Heritage Park Historical Village
1900 Heritage Drive SW
Calgary, AB T2V 2X3 Canada
Phone: 403.268.8500 Fax: 403.268.8501
CHARITABLE NO. 11895 6457 RR000