AreaDownload the Map
About the Drive Shed
The drive shed is a place to store horse-drawn vehicles such as wagons, carriages and sleighs and was patterned after drawings of machine sheds published before 1914. Situated on the east side of the road leading to the Burnside Ranch House, the shed houses the wagons used for the Park’s tours.
With a board-and-batten roof, the drive shed is open on the west side parallel to the road – offering the building protection from the weather. This arrangement maximizes accessibility, enabling vehicles to be backed in and horses hitched or unhitched with relative ease.