Banquet Assistant Manager (Contract)
Join the Heritage Park Team
Posted 27 October 2023 / closing date 02 November 2023 / contract full-time
We at Heritage Park Society are excited to announce that we are currently searching for an exceptional Banquet Assistant Manager (Contract).
Under the direction of the Banquet Manager, the Banquet Assistant Manager performs a variety of tasks in order to help ensure that both internal and external functions run smoothly and efficiently and that all meeting room facilities at Heritage Park are properly stocked and well-maintained.
We are excited to welcome you to our team and look forward to your positive impact!
Who Are We?
Heritage Park staff has for nearly 60 years prided itself in representing the communities in which we live and embracing the diverse backgrounds of our guests and colleagues.
At work, we are committed to providing a positive, safe and healthy work environment where we can support one another and work together in harmony.
This environment can only be sustained if we all commit to working together collaboratively, showing respect through our actions and words and being tolerant of one another.
Banquet Assistant Manager (Contract)
This Is You
- Ensures the proper amount of banquet supplies, linen, china, cutlery and glassware are constantly in good supply in all facilities;
- Assists with table and room set-up for catered events for both internal and external clients;
- Liaises with Custodial & Event Support and the Catering Office to ensure proper set-up and serving requirements for banquets;
- Assists the Banquet Manager with administrative duties such as inventory counts, product requisitions, ordering, scheduling and payroll;
- Assists with hiring, training, performance evaluations, warning reports and exit interviews;
- Promotes a positive work environment and provides direction to staff to ensure safe food handling techniques, high levels of customer service and adherence to uniform guidelines;
- Creates shift tasks and specific duties for each event to ensure proper set-up, execution and tear-down of all events;
- Assists Banquet Captains and Lead Hands with ensuring all events run smoothly;
- Works with own staff and external providers to ensure banquet venue a/v systems are operating properly;
- Assists with the scheduling of volunteers as needed;
- Attends relevant meetings as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Skills
- Completion of High School;
- Two to three years of a combination of banquet serving and supervisory experience;
- Post-secondary training in the hospitality industry is an asset;
- Possession of a valid Class 5 driver’s license;
- Proserve certification is necessary;
- Strong organizational skills, high customer service values, attention to detail and a pleasant personality are necessary;
- Good people skills are essential.
Unique Clothing and Equipment
- This position will at times, require the wearing of a uniform, which Heritage Park will provide. Functional business attire is also appropriate;
- Individuals must provide their shoes to suit their uniform and the tasks of the position.
Special Working Conditions
Must be trained to operate Park vehicles. Physical lifting and movement of product and supplies is required.
Hours of Work
40 hours per week. Must be prepared to work evenings and weekends and some early mornings.
What We Offer
- Flexible work arrangements where no one day is similar;
- Working in a beautiful park setting;
- Free entrance to the Park, including to our many public special events;
- Employee discounts on food and retail items and free parking.
Why You Will Love Working For Heritage Park
How to Apply
Application→Phone Screening→Interview→Offer → Background Check→Orientation
Heritage Park is strongly committed to fostering diversity and inclusion within our community. We welcome applications from qualified candidates who would contribute to the further diversification of our employees. Please contact us at email@example.com for accessibility-related inquiries.
Job Application Form