Join the Heritage Park Team
posted 12 january 2024 / closing date 26 January 2024 / temporary full-time
We at Heritage Park Society are excited to announce that we are currently searching for a Production Stitcher.
Under the direction of the Manager, Costuming, this position is responsible for the construction of specific costume garments. As an essential part of Costuming the position will contribute to the realization of costuming construction objectives by ensuring the precise and timely execution of costume production units.
We are excited to welcome you to our team and look forward to your positive impact!
Who Are We?
Heritage Park is Canada’s largest living history museum and offers visitors a chance to experience life in Western Canada from the 1860s to the early 1950s. The Park features historical buildings, costumed interpreters, working antiques, and various exhibits that provide insight into the region’s past. Please visit our website for the details.
Heritage Park staff has for nearly 60 years prided itself in representing the communities in which we live and embracing the diverse backgrounds of our guests and colleagues.
At work, we are committed to providing a positive, safe and healthy work environment where we can support one another and work together in harmony.
This environment can only be sustained if we all commit to working together collaboratively, showing respect through our actions and words and being tolerant of one another.
This Is You
- Sew production units of 2 or 3 styles of woven garments with efficiency and accuracy to the Costuming departments specifications and quality standards
- Support the Costuming team by assisting with alterations and repairs to costumes if required
- Contribute to inspiring and immersive experiences at the Park through your roles and responsibilities by engaging in Heritage Park initiatives that align with the overall mission and vision of the Park
- Demonstrate commitment to workplace health and safety by complying with Heritage Park’s Health, Safety and Environment Management System (HSEMS), following safe work practices, reporting work-related incidents, injuries and hazards, participating in employer training, and adhering policies including the Code of Conduct and the Workplace Violence and Harassment policy
- Actively support a positive work environment through creating an atmosphere of inclusion, engagement and fulfillment in line with Heritage Park values
- Demonstrate responsible stewardship of our people, collections and financial assets by ensuring that they are handled with integrity, sustainability, and a focus on long-term benefits for the organization and its stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as required.
Requirements and Skills
- Minimum secondary school education is required. Post-Secondary Education in clothing construction and tailoring would be an asset
- Minimum 1-year prior experience with industrial sewing is required. Pattern cutting experience would be an asset
- Good sewing and alteration skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills in a client-faced setting
- All successful candidates (over the age of 18) will be required to go through Police Information Check as a condition of employment.
Special Clothing and Equipment
- Appropriate costuming and safety equipment will be provided by Heritage Park if applicable; and
- Footwear, as designated by the Heritage Park Costume Department, will be provided by the employee.
Special Working Conditions
- The job may require some lifting, climbing safety ladders, working with industrial sewing machines and steam irons.
- Will be required to work alone and with others.
Hours of Work
- The standard hours for this position are 35 hours per week;
- The schedule will generally be five consecutive days per week (Monday to Friday); and
- Occasional holiday, evening, and weekend work may be required
What We Offer
- Flexible work arrangements
- Working in a beautiful park setting.
- Free entrance to the Park, including to our many public special events.
- Employee discounts on food and retail items and free parking.
Why You Will Love Working For Heritage Park
How to Apply
Application→Phone Screening→Interview→Offer → Background Check→Orientation
Heritage Park is strongly committed to fostering diversity and inclusion within our community. We welcome applications from qualified candidates who would contribute to the further diversification of our employees. Please contact us at email@example.com for accessibility-related inquiries.
Job Application Form